Blank white screen after Jamf Pro 10.2 upgrade

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

I just performed the Jamf Pro 10.2 upgrade. When I try to load the login screen, I see nothing but a blank white screen in my web browser. Has anyone else seen this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestion @B-35405 I contacted Jamf support about this, and we got my JSS working normally. We pulled the Tomcat folder from /Library/JSS, stopped Tomcat, and then ran the Jamf Pro installer again. This got things working again. We then migrated back over my custom SSL certificate, and my server.xml file, restarted Tomcat, and all was well. Jamf support is awesome!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

B-35405
Contributor

Question, did jamf pro startup are the upgrade? Do you see JAMF PRO startup suspended, anywhere? After you stop Tom Cat on all servers and then restart tomcat on all servers (in the correct order) You should see some kind of error message.

I needed to change the character size to 255 from 31 under JAMFSoftwareServerDatabaseSchema.xml under "available_software_updates". each value needed to change to 255 from 31. After doing that and restarting tomcat again. JAMF PRO started up normally. I know this sounds odd but... it's a Product issue (PI-004574) atm.

Not sure if this will help you with your blank screen or not.

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestion @B-35405 I contacted Jamf support about this, and we got my JSS working normally. We pulled the Tomcat folder from /Library/JSS, stopped Tomcat, and then ran the Jamf Pro installer again. This got things working again. We then migrated back over my custom SSL certificate, and my server.xml file, restarted Tomcat, and all was well. Jamf support is awesome!

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

this happened to me too, the installer reported an error installing but closed successfully (didn't know until I dug into the logs), i reinstalled over the top of itself and it worked.

bfrench
Contributor III

Running the installer again did the trick for us as well.

HossamSaid
New Contributor II

hi,,,

can you give me the steps in details as i am new in mac os, how did u pull tomcat folder?

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

@HossamSaid Our Jamf Pro server is running on a Mac. I went to /Library/JSS, and copied the Tomcat folder to the desktop, then I deleted the one in /Library/JSS. I ran the Jamf Pro installer again, and then copied over my custom SSL certificate and my server.xml file into the new Tomcat folder that was created by the installer.

scottd
New Contributor

I had the same problem and found that the /Library/JSS/Tomcat/conf folder was locked. Unlocking it made it work

its-rgu
New Contributor

SOLVED.

I got this issue after upgrading from 10.10 to 10.13.

I tried running the Jamf installer MSI again and selecting the repair option and this did not work for me.

I then asked one of my colleagues to login and he did not have the blank white screen.

I cleared all the caches in my browsers and i could see the full website in all browsers again.

This issue only occurred after the upgrade and happened several times right after the upgrade as i reverted to snapshot and did the upgrade several times.

Hopefully this helps some of you, it definitely saved my a few hours of troubleshooting :)