Bomgar/BeyondTrust Remote Support PPPC

AntonyaJ
New Contributor III

I have deployed BeyondTrust's remote support client to my test machine. However, if I set the configuration profile to Allow Standard Users to Allow Access for ScreenCapture, the app doesn't seem to realize it's been authorized. It continues to prompt to allow. Even if I check it with an administrator account. As you can see in the screenshots, even the Accessibility and Full Disk Access are also showing denied, even though they are set to allow in the configuration profile.

The fun part is (on a fresh image) if I set the ScreenCapture to Deny, then use an administrator account to allow while on the computer, it actually does allow it.

AntonyaJ_0-1650673246404.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 5.04.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-22 at 5.04.35 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AntonyaJ
New Contributor III

Embarrassingly, the issue was that I was missing a space between both closing brackets and forward slashes.

Incorrect: .6]/*

Correct: .6] /*

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

ScreenCapture, Microphone, Camera, have to be allowed by the user. Apple thing. So you'll get the prompt for that.

For the other two, here's a screenshot of what I am using. Might be overkill, but test.

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 7.52.53 AM.png

AntonyaJ
New Contributor III

I know, but the problem is that standard users aren't able to allow screen recording, and that Accessibility and SystemPolicyAllFiles are showing denied, even when they're set to allow. And if I use an administrator account to enable screen recording, it's not being registered as allowed in the app.

AntonyaJ
New Contributor III

Embarrassingly, the issue was that I was missing a space between both closing brackets and forward slashes.

Incorrect: .6]/*

Correct: .6] /*

janthenat
New Contributor III

So, fixing your "Code Requirement" text spaces fixed this problem for you?

I'm deploying the Config Profile to Catalina clients and if I include the service "screencapture" with "Allow standard users to allow access" then I get an error "...the required key 'Allowed' is missing." in the device mgmt history...

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 8.29.12 AM.png

Anybody else seeing something like this?

AntonyaJ
New Contributor III

Yes, fixing the code requirement text space resolved the problem for me. I've not run across anything like what you've described. Sorry.

Does your profile allow the standard user to select or edit Accessibility? 

onsMart
New Contributor II

The screencapture PPPC option doesn't exist in Catalina. 
You need to create a separate Configuration profile for Catalina devices without that option.