Bookmarks on IPads

nhubbard
New Contributor III

Is there a way to push bookmarks into certain browsers via JSS onto managed IPads?

3 REPLIES 3

thejenbot
Contributor III

I don't think so but I'd be curious to know the answer to this as well as it could be very helpful - though launching with Apple Classroom has helped tremendously...

nhubbard
New Contributor III

Maybe I will throw this out to my jamf buddy to see if they have some form of magical wand to make this happen. Will keep you posted.

russeller
Contributor III

@nhubbard If you had to get bookmarks into Mobile Safari on the iPads, I would think you'd have to use iCloud's Safari bookmark sync. So, this would assume the iPads have an AppleID and then from any other Mac signed in with the same AppleID with Safari bookmark sync enabled you could create the bookmarks and they'd sync with the iPads. Hopefully everyone has moved away from having one AppleID signed into every iPad at a school site (K-12 was a dark place before device assignments for iOS apps) but if you are, it would actually help in this situation.

I have rolled out Apple Classroom to a couple schools in my district and I don't see how you'd be able to install bookmarks remotely, the teacher could use his/her own bookmarks on their teacher iPad and tell all the iPads in the class to go to that bookmark from the Apple Classroom app. Assuming the teacher is trying to get the class all on the same webpage quickly using Apple Classroom and opening the bookmark to Safari would be the way to go. You just couldn't add the bookmark to the student iPads remotely from Apple Classroom.