boot camp help

Not applicable

so even though imaging a boot camp partition is no officially supported we decided to take the plunge. we have successfully captured the windows image following the instructions from the resource kit however i cant get it to deploy. casper imaging indicates it completes successfully i am left with just a mac partition. i have tried the jamf script to deploy and i tried thomas larkins script to partition on the fly and then deploy the windows image but i cant get either to work. im sure i am missing out on some relevant details that people may need but any help at this point would be greatly appreciated. thanks

jorge a. najera-ordonez

7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

As far as useless information goes, I will mention that I am currently having the same problem.

Thanks.

Not applicable

Did you install ntfsprogs and gptrefresh on the boot image that you are using? I've forgotten that before.

Nathaniel Lindley

++++++++++
Educational Technology
Saint Paul Public Schools
Saint Paul, Minnesota
nathaniel.lindley at spps.org
phone: 651-248-6861

Not applicable

they were installed on what we used to capture the image and i installed gptrefresh into our netboot image but ill have to check about ntfsprogs being in the netboot image

jorge

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

You need to have those both installed on your netboot image as well. Did you create the image with the scripts provided?

Try mounting your casper share and then running the script. It should
run just like when you image it and you can see if there are any errors
it puts in terminal, then copy/paste them in an email to the list.

It definitely works, I used them to image 6,000 Macbooks over the last
summer.

Thomas Larkin
TIS Department
KCKPS USD500
tlarki at kckps.org
blackberry: 913-449-7589
office: 913-627-0351

Not applicable

Part of my problem lies in not being able to get ntfsprogs, as the site that is given to download it is not valid. I had substituted this for MacFuse with NTFS-3G, which includes a build of NTFS progs.

Could this be causing my problem?

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

I tried to replay to all and attach the two files you need, but it is pending approval. combined they are under 1.9MB so not sure if they are going to let me attach it or not.

If it doesn't go through I can post them on my FTP or you can email me directly and I can attach them to you

Thomas Larkin
TIS Department
KCKPS USD500
tlarki at kckps.org
blackberry: 913-449-7589
office: 913-627-0351

Not applicable

i created the windows image following the jamf instructions in the resource kit. in the instructions it didnt say anything about ntfsprogs on the netboot image but im going to try that now