bought apps in apple school manager and they havent shown up in jamf...is it possible they are stuck some where?

denice_clapper
Contributor

apps not showing up in jamf after I purchase licensing from apple school manager? It only happens sometimes....are they stuck somewhere?

8 REPLIES 8

sharriston
Contributor III

I have noticed that sometimes when buying large volume of apps in can take quite some time before they populate in your JSS. I'm pretty sure the apple language for VPP apps and anything that uses APNS is that it can take up to 24 hours for commands and apps to populate but I could be mistaken.

denice_clapper
Contributor

It has been a week and they still aren't there...

sharriston
Contributor III

Well thats certainly longer than 24 hours, were they purchased last week when Apple had the outages? Also when you log into apple school manager do the apps show in your purchase history?

denice_clapper
Contributor

Yes it shows that I purchased the licenses.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@denice.clapper I would check Settings > Global Management > VPP Accounts > Content and verify if the apps are in their or not. If they aren't then I would renew your VPP token to see if it kickstarts things into motion.

denice_clapper
Contributor

I just went in jamf and it seems those apps went into the Mac App store apps?? It should of went into mobile device apps for the ipads...how do I change that?

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

You must have accidentally acquired the OS X version in Apple School Manager. You will need to go back there and get the iOS version, and if they were paid, you'll have to go back to Apple to get a refund.

I also notice that if there already is a catalog item for an app (in a diferent site for example) it does not always auto-create another catalog entry

denice_clapper
Contributor

@sandy thank you so much you were right!!