Business Shared iPad - Guest Account Only

dlbrabb
New Contributor III

Is it possible to only use the Guest account on Business Shared iPad? Not allow any user to log into a managed Apple ID, but allow the use of the Guest account. We still want the Guest account to log in and log out, which will erase the patient data. We just don't want patients logging in with an Apple ID.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

somnico
New Contributor III
9 REPLIES 9

vanven
New Contributor

Hi, have you found a solution for this? I am interested in.

dlbrabb
New Contributor III

No solution has been found for this.

mhegge
Contributor III

I am looking for the same type of solution

fernando_gonzal
Contributor

I'm assuming this is only possible by simply not having any managed IDs for people to log into? Forcing people into the Guest account. It would be nice if there was a Guest only type of access.

somnico
New Contributor III

There's a feature request https://ideas.jamf.com/ideas/JN-I-15781

Philein
New Contributor III

It seems that it is implemented, can you give me some tips on where to find the option?

dlbrabb
New Contributor III

On the management tab of a Shared iPad, you will see the "Adjust Shared iPad Settings".

cpominville
Contributor

What happens if you create a shared iPad and add no classes or users to it. Does the Guest account button show up at the bottom right? The other problem you will have is Guest users not logging, but I suppose you could do that for them.

duxed
New Contributor III

"We just don't want patients logging in with an Apple ID."

The Apple ID that can be used to sign into an organisation Shared iPad must belong to the organisation's domain which is defined in Business Manager. You can't just sign in with any consumer Apple ID.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/deployment/dep9a34c2ba2/web

"Shared iPad can be used not only in education but also in business. Multiple users can use the iPad, and the user experiences can be personal even though the devices are shared.

Shared iPad requires a mobile device management (MDM) solution and Managed Apple IDs that are issued and owned by the organisation. Users with a Managed Apple ID can then sign in to Shared iPad, which is owned by the organisation"