Can I add a Jamf App Catalog item to Self Service?

vantive
New Contributor III

Can I add a Jamf App Catalog item on self Service ?

I would like to be able to say that an app like Postman is available to a certain group and let them install from self Service if that want/need it. 

11 REPLIES 11

JustinC
Contributor II
Contributor II

@vantive not at the moment. The ability to publish an App Installer deployment via Self Service is a high priority item on our roadmap. We will definitely be letting everyone know once this capability has been added.

MALmen
New Contributor III

Looking forward to this :)

MALmen
New Contributor III

Any news on when this feature might be avaliable?

TheHoff
New Contributor III

Waiting for this feature as well. Don't want force apps like TeamviewerQS on all of my users, but would like to make it available to all.

Same here! This would be amazing!

SMR1
Contributor III

We use Postman at our company. We've created a policy to install Postman via Installomator. Have it configured for self-service and use ldap user groups, so only users in the AD group can see it in self service to install 

vantive
New Contributor III
Awesome. M new to jamf pro and have been in the Workspace One world for the last 5 years. So much to relearn :)

Best Regards,

JEFF HAWS

Systems Administrator | SEIU 775 BENEFITS GROUP<> | c:253.226.2686

<>
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. It may contain information that is confidential or is protected by law. Please notify us immediately if you received this message by mistake and then delete this message from your system. Finally, you should perform your own virus checks on this email and any attachment. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by viruses.

SMR1
Contributor III

I'm pretty new as well and we're in the process of switching from Workspace One, which we've also been running for the last 6 years.

scottb
Honored Contributor

@vantive @SMR1 - you can add apps from the Apple App Store though...free ones are easy, the paid apps more work, but also doable... 

As someone who spent some time in WS1, I welcome you to a brighter future with Jamf :)

I'm also looking forward to Jamf's addition of their catalog into Self Service!

JustinC
Contributor II
Contributor II

@vantive publishing an App Installers deployment via Self Service is now available in Jamf Pro 10.47. We have also provided some additional controls to the end user notification and update experience which are covered in this article https://www.jamf.com/blog/app-installers-deploy-to-Self-Service/

MALmen
New Contributor III

Great news!!