Can not log into JSS with LDAP accounts. Standard account work.

aarongrant
New Contributor II

JSS server got upgraded from v10.12.0 to v10.16.0.1 and it works great including LDAP login. After couple of days, LDAP JSS login failed but standard accounts work great. AD team confirmed that there is no problem from the AD side of things.

Has anyone experience something similar? Any possible solutions?
8f2d3489de224d159eda0bd646c1e18c

6 REPLIES 6

atomczynski
Valued Contributor

Does the user account used to look up LDAP exist in the path provided in the config?

dmw3
Contributor III

We had this in earler versions of JSS, seems fix now as of 10.16.1.

One test we did that seemed to resolve this issue for a random amount of time was to run a test on both "User Mappings" and "User Group Mappings", the resolution time varied between 2 days and a couple of weeks. we could never work out what was causing the issue, our networks team could not help with why it was happening.

Just suddenly resolved when we updated the JSS, with no change in the settings for LDAP / AD. Hope this helps.

Surajit
New Contributor III

­

aarongrant
New Contributor II

@atomczynski: Yes, the user account used to look up LDAP exist in the path provided in the config.

aarongrant
New Contributor II

@ dmw3: I did try your solution but no luck.

dlondon
Valued Contributor

Hi @aarongrant my first thing to check with these problems is to use some sort of LDAP test tool to check whether the address, port and account are all working. There are plenty of free tools that can do this. On Windows I like Softerra LDAP Browser.

Once you convince yourself the account and connection are ok you can look further.