Can we change the iOS self service icon? Also bookmarks on iOS?

nickmock
New Contributor II

New to Jamf, and Apple.. is there a way to change the self service app icon for iOS devices? I searched for a while and only find people talking about macOS devices, but nothing about iOS.

Also is there a way to push a bookmark to iOS through Jamf? Possibly create out own App button inside self service so they can click that? Instead of opening safari.

I am asking because our newest iPads are going to testers, and the special education department has asked if we can make it easy for staff to open the testing website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Emmert
Valued Contributor

You can create stand-alone webclips, but I don't think you can create Safari bookmarks. Go to Configuration Profiles > New > Web Clips. It's fairly self explanatory. Be aware that setting an icon for it is kind of goofy, because once you access it and load the site iOS updates the icon to whatever it wants to for some reason.

You can change the Self Service icon, but only if you're using the webclip version (which you probably don't want to use). Since the Self Service app is from the app store, I don't think there's a way to customize it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Emmert
Valued Contributor

You can create stand-alone webclips, but I don't think you can create Safari bookmarks. Go to Configuration Profiles > New > Web Clips. It's fairly self explanatory. Be aware that setting an icon for it is kind of goofy, because once you access it and load the site iOS updates the icon to whatever it wants to for some reason.

You can change the Self Service icon, but only if you're using the webclip version (which you probably don't want to use). Since the Self Service app is from the app store, I don't think there's a way to customize it.

nickmock
New Contributor II

Thank you that is exactly what we were looking for, adding something to the home screen they can tap to open the login page for their assessment test.

Bummer about not being able to change the self service icon on iOS though.

amacht
New Contributor

There is a way to create bookmarks in safari by using content filtering configuration profile. However it limits the users to only those websites.