can you automate wireless setup with a .mobileconfig file during imaging?

Eyoung
Contributor

Is it possible to use a profile to add a wireless network to a system at time of imaging? Double clicking it works fine, but I require no user interaction.

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nessts
Valued Contributor II

if the file resides in /var/db/ConfigurationProfiles/Setup
in theory it will get imported
i wound up moving them to another location and importing them when i wanted them imported with a profiles -I -F /path/file/config.mobileconfig

i have found that one configuration setting per profile is a bit easier to deal with and the apple auto importing thing only imports all profiles 10% of the time. so i look in my location, and install all of them and it always works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

nessts
Valued Contributor II

yes i just tested that on Friday last week and it had all the settings to connect to my wireless network when it booted.

Eyoung
Contributor

Awesome!

ummmm... How? :-)

I was thinking that I could put the .mobileconfig file someplace with composer (I was thinking along the lines of /Library/Prefs/Systemconfig) and then script the "profiles" command to install it at reboot.

not having any luck with that line of thought thus far.

nessts
Valued Contributor II

if the file resides in /var/db/ConfigurationProfiles/Setup
in theory it will get imported
i wound up moving them to another location and importing them when i wanted them imported with a profiles -I -F /path/file/config.mobileconfig

i have found that one configuration setting per profile is a bit easier to deal with and the apple auto importing thing only imports all profiles 10% of the time. so i look in my location, and install all of them and it always works.

Eyoung
Contributor

thank you :-)