Cannot login to Casper Admin after migration to casper 9

jmercier
Contributor II

i can login JSS with web no problem but not with casper Admin or any other apps...

error :

the server located at

https://.....

did not respond with valid information...

my jss address is fine... my privileges are fine... everything works fine with jss... but with the casper admin app version 9 can't access...

11 REPLIES 11

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

that's the same problem we had, I had to roll back to 8.71.
open a ticket with jamf.

jmercier
Contributor II

that's what i did too...

Jpmvdr
New Contributor

This initially happened to us as well but was fine after a restart.

jmercier
Contributor II

unfortunately its the error i have after multiple restart or even restoring my server and doing upgrade a second time...

Brad_G
Contributor II

I had the issue with an LDAP ID but if I used a local ID within the JSS it would connect.

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

@Brad_G: interesting. But I just tried it on my dev 9.0.1 box and I couldn't get in with a local or ldap account.

jmercier
Contributor II

Me neither... could not get in with local or LDAP account... but JSS works fine....

powellbc
Contributor II

Could this be related to privileges? If a user is assigned to a site they cannot access Casper Admin.

jmercier
Contributor II

hi... i have no sites created...

retried with version 9.01... same thing... something must be wrong... start to drive me crazy...

stevehahn
Contributor

I'm having the same problem on my test box. Any ideas?

merps
Contributor III

I had similar issues, and fixed it by using a different local account on my boot media. When connecting with the new account, I was prompted to re-enter the server name and the connection was successful.