Cannot Revoke VPP2 Content

Emmert
Valued Contributor

I'm having trouble getting one particular person's VPP account to sync their assigned content. We've removed her from all the app assignment groups, and her content has gone down from 180 apps to 30 ... but for some reason those last 30 apps are stuck there.

We want to delete her user and start over, but we can't because she still has assigned content.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

josholland
New Contributor

Can you take her out of the initial VPP invitation? That should revoke all existing VPP content assigned to her.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Is she an LDAP user? If so, you can rename the JSS user object by adding something to the end of the username, I usually use '-old'. Then when you assign the username to the iPad it'll create a new user object.

I had a lot of users with a couple of stuck VPP apps in my last Casper environment but never had time to dig into it. I suspect something behind the scenes between Casper and Apple (my VPP counts were slightly off from app to app as well).

chris

CGundersen
Contributor III

"Redo VPP Registration" from VPP section of user record?

Emmert
Valued Contributor

Redo VPP wasn't an option - she was still pending behind the scenes. We had to delete her out of the database manually.