Cannot update device app on supervised Apple TV

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

I'm on Jamf Pro 10.24.1. I have pushed out the app called "TrilbyTV Player" (bundle id: uk.co.trilby.TrilbyTVPlayer) to my supervised Apple TVs running 14.0.2. I am pushing out the app to managed devices.

The latest version of the app is 4.3.3. However, all my devices have installed 4.3.1.

Things I have tried:
1. These devices have been reset and re-enrolled and they still get version 4.3.1.
2. I have tried to use the Force Update button multiple times in Jamf Pro and the app does not update on the devices.
3. I've tried to unscope and re-scope a device, but the same version of the app gets installed.

Am I doing something wrong here? Any idea why I cannot get the app to update?

3 REPLIES 3

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

What version is shown in the App record for this app in Jamf Pro? 4.3.1 or 4.3.3?

I've attached a screenshot of the setting I use for Plex. Jamf Pro is keeping this App up-to-date on our AppleTVs without any issues.
942822a344424fd09e7a856cc67a592f

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

Here is what it looks like for us:
2e2ff4fb4f6b41d7873d78396e6c23ed

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

I contacted the vendor (as well as Jamf Support) just to see where the issue might be coming from. The vendor responded very quickly and it looks like this is an issue with the vendor:

Sorry about this confusion. We did notice a couple of weeks ago that the last release that went out for AppleTV had mismatched version numbers. Because of how the App Store works, the version number set in your app isn't carried into the store and it accidentally got the wrong store version number. The current version on AppleTV is 4.3.1 but it is showing in the store as 4.3.2. We have an update in preparation for some new features which is likely to be out in the next 7-10 days and this will re-align the version numbers. The iOS app (which is different to the Apple TV app) is on 4.3.3. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm surprised that Apple allows there to be a mismatch between app versions and what is displayed in the App Store, but there you have it. Anyways, the vendor was very quick to respond and looks like they plan to fix it soon.