Casper 9 AD LDAP connection

ndudley
Contributor

I have created a test Casper server and JSS to install Casper 9 - Want to make sure we don't run into any big gotchas with setup.

Anyway, I am trying to add an AD LDAP server and I keep getting a "Could not find user" error. I know the user is correct as well as the password. I am using the same exact credentials for my 8.7 Casper setup. Is anyone else having issues.

13 REPLIES 13

adamjameson
New Contributor II

Only put in everything before the dot. If you put in something like school.com and not just school it will keep giving you that user error. I struggled with that for quite some time. This was in Casper 8 though... Thought maybe this would help.

ndudley
Contributor

I have tried all of the below:

ad.domain.com
domain
the IP of the domain
domain.com

I have also tried using the Distinguished name for the user as well, doesn't seem to work.

wyip
Contributor

Same thing happened to me. I ended up just manually configuring the LDAP connection and had to specify the full distinguished name of the user. Besides that, I just copied all of the other settings directly over from our Casper 8.64 JSS and it worked.

acdesigntech
Contributor II

Same here. I've never gotten a non-manually configured LDAP connection to work from 6.01 on.

manually configure an LDAP connection, but then unfortunately you need to fill out the user, group, and group membership mappings before you'll be able to do much of anything.

The generic mapping should be good enough to be able to search for and add user accounts. If you need the generic user/group mappings for an lDAP connection, I can show you examples

dbrodjieski
New Contributor III

Same experience as @wyip here with Casper 9. Found success with creating a manual LDAP connection, providing the full DN, and using the same mappings as the AD connection from our 8.62 install.

perrycj
Contributor III

I've been getting the same thing on a test JSS 9 I installed on a windows VM. Just kept saying "User not found". Unfortunately I think the 9.01 update broke my test JSS so I'm waiting to hear back from JAMF..however, is there just a check box or drop down to do it manually?

ndudley
Contributor

There is an option to do it manually. I took a backup of my production 8.71 Casper environment and upgraded to 9 on my test environment using that. The database brought over my AD configuration, which is great, but still doesn't solve the problem of adding a new AD LDAP.

acdesigntech
Contributor II

You can try duplicating one of the LDAP connections and editing parameters. I haven't tested this though.

mattd25
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue right now with mine even manually setting it up I am told the credentials are wrong therefore I cannot add the LDAP server.

I have double checked the service account and thats correct, I also ensures the domain is correct and used the server name thats correct too and used simple password.

mikethompsett
New Contributor III

I think your find this is a bug in the JSS and support have issued me an defect number... So awaiting the fix for 9.x

ctangora
Contributor III

I ended up doing a manual setup as well, but we were doing manual lookups in JSS8 already so when we migrated to 9 I planned on keeping it the same.

lsmc08
Contributor

Hello,

On a 9.3.2 test environment here, it does not work.

I had to set up the LDAP manually... I kept getting the "user not found error"... so, don't even bother with the GUI setup.

TCP
New Contributor

Tried with version 9.81, had to do it manually as GUI setup did not work for me.