Casper Admin log location

tatiang
New Contributor

When compiling configs with certain (Adobe) packages in Casper Admin, I get an error that says "The package installation failed. Here is the message:" followed by more than a screen's worth of information. There is no way to scroll or see the rest of the message. Is there a log file I can find on the computer or JSS server to determine the cause of this?

2 REPLIES 2

Josh_Smith
Contributor III

I don't think there is a log for admin by default. There is an option to turn on a debug mode in the apps, I don't recall the details.

For this particular issue I would recommend not trying to put Adobe packages in a configuration, particularly CC/CS pkgs. I call a policy during first run via a payload free package that caches an adobe package and installs it via a script and that works well...there are JAMF KB articles with the how and why info.

tatiang
New Contributor

Thanks, Josh. I didn't find a log but I did determine that forgetting to check "Install on boot drive after imaging" was causing the compiling of Adobe packages to fail. I had expected that to affect imaging but not compiling. I checked the box on each Adobe package and the config compiled correctly.