Casper Admin quits when replicating AdobeCC pkgs

debrat
New Contributor III

Hello. Has anyone else experienced Casper Admin (v9.98) unexpectedly quitting when replicating Adobe CC pkgs? I have tried replicating to two different servers and the replication will quit out at some point when replicating Adobe pkgs. Replication preference is set to modification date. I have tested and experienced the quitting out on both a windows and Mac share.

4 REPLIES 4

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Curious are your DPs migrated? Are the CCP packages ZIP'd by Casper Admin when they are uploaded?

--
https://donmontalvo.com

kerouak
Valued Contributor

I normally bypass Casper Admin when uploading Adobe packages.
I generally copy then direct to the DP, then CA will create bill of materials.

cheers

debrat
New Contributor III

@donmontalvo the DPs are just local file shares. they aren't cloud based and we didn't move towards the JDS. Is that what you mean be migrated? I don't think so, CA just says uploading or copying and then creating bill of materials. I did continually check on the replication these past few days and just re-launched CA every time it quit to start the replication again. It finally got past the Adobe pkgs and is now replicating everything else. Thank you.

@kerouak thank you. my co-worker was thinking we could do that method of just manually copying pkgs directly to the casper share but I was worried something would get thrown off with manual copy. Didn't know CA will do that.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Yep, I've experienced this, it seems to crash while zipping the pkg. I zip it myself then upload to Casper Admin and that works fine. ymmv