Casper Focus: "Focus on app failed: device not supervised"

jgwatson
Contributor

I am running a pilot using this new service, and I keep getting the following message when I try to focus on an app. I sure this is a dumb question, but what am I doing wrong?

I have set up the classes, the classes are available at the correct time, and the iPad I wish to control has the app installed.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

bajones
Contributor II

Was the device originally set up by Apple Configurator with Supervision enabled? This is a requirement to make use of the App Lock feature in iOS, but it also comes with its own set of management headaches.

bajones
Contributor II

jgwatson
Contributor

My JSS has only been installed for a year, and someone from Jamfnation did the install and set up the configuration profile. I used Apple Configurator to manual install the profile on each iPad.

Assuming it wasn't setup with supervision enabled (is this a new setting?), whereabouts is that setting in the iPhone Configuration Utility? I can't see it anywhere.

Thanks

bajones
Contributor II

As far as I know, the setting is only in Configurator and to enable it requires the device to be completely erased. The slider to enable Supervision is in the Prepare pane of Configurator.