Casper Netsus appliance and casper net install creator

vmunoz
New Contributor

I have installed the netsus appliance in or VM environment and added the smb Distro point to the jss.Created an image NBI folder via casper netimage installer and copied it to the smb share. l then netbooted and logged in with a jss admin account to casper imaging. I select the smb DP, clicked image and It failed to mount. I am sure I am forgetting a bunch of details, but I was wondering If I am missing a step somewhere? I believe the image is supposed to be default as that was the option I selected when I created it, but no image appears on the configuration,

1 REPLY 1

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hi @vmunoz

Unfortunately, we're not currently able to use an SMB share point with the NetInstall Creator.

More information on that can be found in the KB Article Mounting SMB Shares Using Casper NetInstall Image Creator.

We will need to use an AFP share to do this.

In regards to SMB in general, there are currently platform wide issues with mounting SMB shares between OS X and Windows/Linux environments. There are some workarounds that seem to work for some, but not others, that could be tried apart from the NetInstall Creator (which cannot use SMB at all right now, and must use an AFP share), that can be found in this thread.

Sorry for any confusion!

Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support