Casper Remote stops at "Verifying Computer's Identity..."

gspiese
New Contributor III

Using Casper Remote I have not been able to find a detailed error log. Can anyone tell me where it might be? Would it be on the Casper Server or the Remote Mac initiating the .dmg?

In Remote the install stops at Verifying Computer's Identity..., so it gets past authenticating then the next line says Verifying Computer's Identity... and eventually times out and the software is not installed. I am hoping there is a log somewhere giving me more information.

On Macs that do get the software installed I see a line that concerns me and wonder if anyone can offer insight as to what problems come of it. It gets to Verifying /usr/sbin/jamfvnc... the next line says /usr/sbin/jamfvnc does not exist. Then continues and successfully installs the software. Anyone see where this might be a problem or should I just ignore it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gspiese
New Contributor III

We reseolved this issue by delelteing the problem Mac from JSS. In staled and ran Remote on the problem Mac, which colved the problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

gspiese
New Contributor III

Although this Article was helpful, I don't beleive it's the same problem we are experiencing. When using Casper Remote to push packages it goes through:

Sending Wake On LAN command...
Opening SSH Connection to <IP ADDRESS>...
Authenticating...
Sucessfully authenticated.
Verifying Computer's Identity...

...and there is where it stops and never completes the installation of the dmg. It's only with some target computers, others install correctly and successfuly. Any idea where the problem of Verifying is occuring?

gspiese
New Contributor III

Looking at the KB Article at <https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=213> this looks to be a /client Certificate issue. We are using Casper v8.52 and according to the KB the certificate is installed on a client's keychain. Is there a way for me to verify the certificate is where it needs to be?

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

If it's a 10.5 Mac you're having problems with, @ryan.yohnk provided a solution that worked fine for us...scroll down to the URL in this thread...

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=3700

--
https://donmontalvo.com

gspiese
New Contributor III

We reseolved this issue by delelteing the problem Mac from JSS. In staled and ran Remote on the problem Mac, which colved the problem.

wsmith6
New Contributor

@gspiese What do you mean when you say you In staled and ran remote on the problem Mac? Did you actually install the Casper suite on the Mac you were having problems with or you enrolled the Mac again or ran recon then ran remote from another computer and Casper Remote installed the software and was able to initiate the screen share?

If you could break it down in steps for me.

RobbieReichard
New Contributor III

I had the same issue and the I did the following to resolve the issue.
1. ran sudo jamf removeFramework
2. Logged into the JSS and brought up the Mac and hit the "Delete" button to remove it from the JSS inventory.
3. Restarted the Mac and then re-enrolled it.
After I reenrolled it I was able to successfully install the packages that were failing before.