Casper Suite Beta Program

sam
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Would you like to enroll in JAMF’s revamped Casper Suite beta program? JAMF Software beta programs give you a first look at new features and functionality in upcoming products. This also allows you to help provide feedback, be involved in beta discussions and help us improve the quality of the Casper Suite. During this beta program, you will have an opportunity to view and test the new management workflows to help support Apple and JAMF Software initiatives – including the ability to test new Apple Operating Systems in a development environment.

We are going to start with a full scope of our next maintenance release of 9.73. This is a compiled list with a few known issues that is going through regression testing and anticipated to be available for general availability in the near future. After the public release, you will begin to see new features, such as El Capitan and iOS 9 support, layered into the next beta releases.

If your organization is interested in enrolling into the beta program, please do so here on JAMF Nation. Head over to "My Assets” and you will see a Beta Program tab with instructions to complete your enrollment into the program.

As a reminder:

• As this is a beta program, you must not install this software in a production environment and JAMF will provide you with a beta environment which will be frequently updated

• The beta program is operated under non-disclosure, so please do not share any information regarding your testing in any public forum including the non-beta sections of JAMF Nation

Please contact us on the JAMF Nation Beta forums or contact your JAMF buddy with any questions regarding the beta.

Thank you, and we look forward to working with you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I hope all you folks asking for access to this are reading @sam's post. You don't have to request it on this thread. Its a link under your JAMFNation account so you can request the access yourself. It takes about 1 minute to do.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

@sam Awesome! Just curious, you said "this is a compiled list..." is that something we will see once accepted into the Beta program or did you mean to include a list in the post?

sam
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@bpavlov Once enrolled, there are release notes with the bug fixes and known issues included in this release. This should all be in the Beta Program tab after enrollment. Great question.

mm2270

Great @sam! Definitely interested in signing up.
So, by the "JAMF will provide you with a beta environment which will be frequently updated" I'm guessing we will be getting access to a cloud JSS for testing?

sam
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

That is correct, @mm2270. You will have the option to spin up a cloud instance or download the JSS installers. I know it is mentioned above, but the installers are only for test environments. Please do not upgrade your production environments with the beta installers.

ryanstayloradob
Contributor

Sign me up!

mdonovan
New Contributor III

Requested!

peterlbk
Contributor

Sign me up as well!

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

me too please.

allencreech
New Contributor II

Sign me up please.

mm2270

I hope all you folks asking for access to this are reading @sam's post. You don't have to request it on this thread. Its a link under your JAMFNation account so you can request the access yourself. It takes about 1 minute to do.

matcabret
New Contributor

I am also interested.
thanks.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

I must be losing it, but is anyone else able to find the link to the Beta forums? I can't seem to find it under the "More" drop down which is where I recall it was previously. Don't see anything under "My Assets" either anymore.

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

Balmes,

The 1st beta for the 9.73 is finished. We are waiting on the next beta for X.10.11 : )

C

kirkmshaffer
New Contributor II

Any word on a new beta? Pretty large OS upgrade rumored to be coming out soon... :)

peterlbk
Contributor

How about a new beta program? iOS 9.3 is getting there with some nice new features is coming soon...

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

@peterloobuyck Usually betas are announced here and you'll get an email to join. I don't doubt JAMF is hard at work in adding whatever new shiny new features Apple is adding to iOS. So if it hasn't been announced then they don't have a beta ready for testing yet.