Casper Suite compatibility with OS X 10.11 El Capitan

tony_schaps
Contributor

I've been doing some searching around the discussions and knowledge base, but I can't find definitive info on whether Casper Suite is yet compatible with 10.11 El Capitan (beta) and whether there is a timeline when it will be.

I had a user running OS X 10.11 beta trying to enroll using self-enrollment with Quickadd (JSS 9.73), and it would not work. She could not open the Quickadd package, error was "The operation could not be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1). She is a software engineer and tried to unpack the package various ways with no luck, "Error while extracting archive: (PackageInfo): archived-checksum MD5's do not match (No such file or directory)." She did not believe the error stemmed from 10.11 on her machine. I didn't know there was any problem with 10.11 until I searched the Internets.

Could someone let me know whether the problems she had do (likely) stem from 10.11 incompatibility, or if that would be something else? I am still new to the wonders of OS X management with JAMF, as in I often “wonder” whether I am in over my head. :(

Thanks!

40 REPLIES 40

NightFlight
New Contributor III

SIP disabled systems are portable via imaging. This does not appear to help 9.73 recon - this fails to ssh in my tests:

SSH failed to start up session with host 'x.x.x.x' (kex error : did not find one of algos diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 in list curve25519-sha256@libssh.org,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521,diffie-

But no issue using ssh from the terminal.

I also have to me too on the enroll quickadd from 9.73 on 10.11 failing:

The operation could not be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1)

Which again is with SIP disabled.