casperscreensharing password

lwindram
Contributor

I use Remote to kick off certain jam binary commands without interrupting the user. I can choose to log into casperscreensharing, but then I have to su in a terminal session in order to run any sudo commands. I have tried all of the usual suspects for this account password, but without success.

Anybody know what password is used with the casperscreensharing account? Or if there is a way to set it in the JSS?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

I believe that password is randomly set, and unchangable. Your best bet is to su <yourlocaladminaccount>

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

why not just use the login command in terminal to use another account (hidden management account or local admin account)?

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public School

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

lwindram
Contributor

@rderewianko - Doesn't sound unreasonable at all. I was just hoping to save a few keystrokes - every second counts when the user might go offline at any time. :)

@gshackney - AFAIK, that works similarly to

su - localAdminAccount

I will keep doing it the way I have been. Thanks all.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@lwindram why not SSH in?

rlincoln
New Contributor

I utilize Casper remote, If I use Casper remote I just use terminal and log in as local admin And VNC, ARD and SSH to remote to my machines that are on site. I have ARD broken up into network segments so I can also scan my VPN. We just started using Bomgar as it integrates with Service Now..