Changing jamf URL

jeepgirl95
New Contributor III

I just received a DNS record from the AD guys and am trying to change the website URL of my jamf Pro. We are using 10.9 and this is a development instance with no devices enrolled....yet. I went into Global Management then Jamf Pro URL. I enter what we want the URL to be https://dnsname.companyname.net. I tried restarting the server as well, however we are still unable to connect to the new URL and can still connect to the old IP. What am I missing here?

6 REPLIES 6

crbeck
Contributor

Do an nslookup with the new DNS name to make sure the DNS record is actually there and is pointing to the correct IP address.

nslookup dnsname.companyname.net

Are they making you change your IP address in addition to DNS name? If so you'd need to make sure the server itself (in the OS) is configured to use the new IP address.

As far as I know, when you change your Jamf Pro URL inside of Jamf Settings, all you're doing is changing what URL your managed devices use when doing MDM actions for devices enrolled after changing the URL there. It still has to resolve in DNS and on the network first.

jeepgirl95
New Contributor III

Yes, the DNS record is pointing to the proper IP address and there was no IP change on the server. I can still connect to the jamfpro URL through the IP address, but not through the FQDN.

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

Did you fill in the whole URL including the port? Ex. https://dnsname.companyname.net:8443 What happens when you try to load the new URL?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@jeepgirl95 Did you update the SSL certificate in System Settings -> Apache Tomcat Settings?

jeepgirl95
New Contributor III

@sdagley - I have not yet. I need to figure out the process to complete this. As this is an environment that is just being brought up, it doesn't even have its first certificate.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@jeepgirl95 If you didn't install a certificate then your system is using a self-signed one which probably needs to be regenerated for your new URL.