Changing login window background in Monterey

joboo72
New Contributor II

Hi all. I have been tasked with changing the background image on the login window to reflect new company branding. I am looking for confirmation to see if anyone has been able to successfully do this in Monterey, and if so, how as I believe it is a protected system file and is not possible with FileVault enabled.

I started testing with this older article Setting Screensaver, Lock Screen, and FileVault screen to same image (Mojave) as well as several posts found on the Apple community boards with no success. I am hoping to avoid disabling FileVault on hundreds of machines simply to change an image.

Any guidance you can provide would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

Login Window Background is locked (ie can't swap/replace the existing wallpaper with another wallpaper without disabling sip), You can change it utilizing Jamf Connect or NoMad rather easily though.

Also, I don't believe it's possible to change the filevault login window wallpaper at all.

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

Login Window Background is locked (ie can't swap/replace the existing wallpaper with another wallpaper without disabling sip), You can change it utilizing Jamf Connect or NoMad rather easily though.

Also, I don't believe it's possible to change the filevault login window wallpaper at all.

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

joboo72
New Contributor II

Brilliant! It worked perfectly. Appreciate the help.

ikhlasberrazi
New Contributor II

Handy tool to change the background and not enforce it, so the users are still able to change it is Desktoppr 

https://github.com/scriptingosx/desktoppr