Cisco ISE Integration

Lucasw
New Contributor III

Hey All,

Wondering if anyone has setup Cisco ISE Integration with Jamf?

Seems pretty striaght forward, however im confused how ISE talks with my cloud hosted JSS?

Please share any useful knowledge!

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

BradB
New Contributor III

Cisco ISE will communicate with the JSS on the port the JSS is configured to run on. In a JAMF cloud instance this will most likely be port 443. The port is configured in the "MDM Server details" within the "External MDM" section of ISE.

Kaltsas
Contributor III

What exactly does this integration provide? Like can you use the MDM certificate supplied by casper as an identity credential?

hkabik
Valued Contributor

@Kaltsas Thats it in a nutshell. I set it up at my last gig, went fairly painlessly.

Kaltsas
Contributor III

Interesting. We are using AD as our identity credential for ISE(802.1x) authentication which is tying my hands on fighting against AD bind but if I could cajole ISE/Casper into using something else as the identity credential without too much hassle maybe I could convince the ISE team to let us implement it.

Are you on slack? If so can I poke you a bit more about this scenario?

millersc
Valued Contributor

I'd be interested in hearing more about how your integrating also @Kaltsas I have similar issue with being tied to AD.

hkabik
Valued Contributor

@Kaltsas Same username on slack... it's been 2 years since I did the configuration but I'll be happy to answer anything I can remember. Configuration was honestly VERY straight forward from what I remember, your JAMF buddy probably has some info on the config.