com.jamf.protect.daemon.pppc not found. MDMClientError:89

DMH2000
Contributor

I get many error messages on all computers under Management commands. We do not have nor did we ever have Jamf Protect.  I searched just about everywhere in Configuration Profiles & Settings to no avail. We have a cloud server, not on prem.  I thought I would reach out before opening a ticket. Any way to stop these messages from happening? As far as I know it isn't affecting anything, so is low priority.

Remove Jamf Protect PPPC and System ExtensionProfile with identifier 'com.jamf.protect.daemon.pppc' not found. <MDMClientError:89>
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DMH2000
Contributor

Jamf Pro 10.43.1 now available

Jamf Pro 10.43.1 fixes the following product issue:

[PI110938] Jamf Pro no longer sends looping InstallProfile MDM commands to computers in the scope of automated deployments for Jamf Protect.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

DA2022
New Contributor III

Do you have anything listed/enabled under Settings -> Jamf Applications -> Jamf Protect?

DMH2000
Contributor

Nothing, Just a Begin Registration button.

Jamf Protect Registration

You must register your Jamf Protect tenant with Jamf Pro

Begin registration

DA2022
New Contributor III

Hmm, only other thing I found was this:

Pro_ProtectSafeList.png

DMH2000
Contributor

I did look there, I'm not even offered that Jamf Protect option. Thanks!

DMH2000
Contributor

Sorry, actually it's there and unchecked... I was looking at Notifications settings..

DA2022
New Contributor III

Sorry to say but I don't know what else could be causing it :( 

dennisnardi
Contributor

I have this exact same issue. i've seen this for the better part of 6 months as well. I 100% have never enabled this profile in Jamf settings, as I don't have the product, yet have failed profile removals across my environment. I've submitted a few tickets about this and yet to get a resolution. I'm working through a ticket currently with Jamf on this. The last recommendation I got was to enable the PPPC profile in Jamf settings and let it go to to all (or as many machines as possible), and then uncheck the profile in the Jamf settings. I'm letting it go out for ~2 weeks before unchecking. 

I'm assuming this is actually some kind of product issue though. Why would Jamf try to remove a PPPC profile that was never enabled/pushed out. 

@dennisnardi Did you get to enable as Jamf said or resolve this annoying issue? Thanks in advance.

I never got a resolution. I ended up just deploying the Jamf Protect PPPC profile via settings, and leaving it on. It doesn't hurt anything in my enviorment, and I didn't seem to be making any headroom with Jamf support. 

DMH2000
Contributor

@dennisnardi Thank you for the information.  I did have a ticket open over a year ago and didn't get any results either.  Please let us know if enabling has any impact on those computers and your experience.  Much appreciate your input! 

ajc196
New Contributor III

Chiming in to say we're seeing this exact same thing.  We've never, tested, configured, or even looked at Jamf Protect, and many computers have the following failed command:

Remove Jamf Protect PPPC and System ExtensionProfile with identifier 'com.jamf.protect.daemon.pppc' not found. <MDMClientError:89>

DMH2000
Contributor

Jamf Pro 10.43.1 now available

Jamf Pro 10.43.1 fixes the following product issue:

[PI110938] Jamf Pro no longer sends looping InstallProfile MDM commands to computers in the scope of automated deployments for Jamf Protect.

ajc196
New Contributor III

Interesting! Supposedly 10.43.1 was installed by 2/4 looking at the last cloud upgrade schedule.  Last pushes I'm seeing were from 2/8.

Haven't seen any errors since new version came out. Marking it as solution.

Hi - we are on version 10.46.1-t1683911857 and am seeing the issue noted here.  We do not and never had Jamf Protect.  What has been the solution to prevent from this appearing on our macOS devices under the Failed commands?

There are leftover failed messages on some machines, but it seems Jamf Pro 10.43.1 fixed  our issue. Maybe open a ticket.

Thanks.  I'll open a Jamf case and reference this post to see if this was resolved in version 10.46.1