Command line to show the AppleCare Status and expirate date for the mac

sfiguet
New Contributor III

Hello,

I search if somebody knows where these informations are written in the mac. I don't find command line or path to import it. My purpose is to create an extension attribute in JamfPro with these data.

If somebody could help me. :-)

Capture d’écran 2022-11-28 à 13.39.48.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YanW
Contributor III

You can check out the 

~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.NewDeviceOutreach/Warranty.plist

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

nelsoni
Contributor III

I am sure there are people who know how to do this, but my assumption would be that this is solved by setting up the GSX integration in Jamf. It is basic info it pulls and it must be done manually but it does work.

YanW
Contributor III

You can check out the 

~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.NewDeviceOutreach/Warranty.plist

Testing this prior to coding an EA. Ive noticed that on 'some' devices, the folder /com.apple.NewDeviceOutreach does not exist.. and of course then nor the plist.. when looking at system settings I see this dialog.. pretty sure no one has invoked this..  so do we know how this is created?Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 11.02.45.png

sfiguet
New Contributor III

@YanW Do you know how (and when) the folder /com.apple.NewDeviceOutreach is created ? I have the same issue, some computers don't have it. (and I don't know why... :-) ).

YanW
Contributor III

I'm not sure either, hope someone can answer it. I found THIS which need a bit of work. 

sfiguet
New Contributor III

Perfect ! I do two extension attributes. One for the status (covered or not) and another one for the expiration date. Thank you !