Composer 9.101.0 - No Space Left on Device Error

Malcolm
Contributor II

bf0f4261c1354f52b039a57acb870169

I'm receiving this error in attempting to capture an image through composer, over thunder bolt

I'm running 10.13 and the macbook being captured is running 10.13 but I receive the above error as it attempts to finish the final step of the capture.

I am only capturing the primary Macintosh HD and skipping the restore partition

And my available storage on my macbook is 3x the amount of data that is being captured, and is 30gb more than the total drive space of macbook being captured.

I originally suspected this was a folder rights issue, so I have attempted to capture to my desktop, my documents, to my profile folder and directly to my Macintosh HD, all with the same error.

Any suggestions? I assume 10.13 has been captured so far?

8 REPLIES 8

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Just gonna leave this here...

MagerValp | AutoDMG | Releases

--
https://donmontalvo.com

Malcolm
Contributor II

Jamf support confirmed, that this expected to be resolved in Jamf pro 10

systems_support
New Contributor

I'm getting the same error using Jamf Pro Composer version 10 and a new MBP running 10.13.1. I opened a ticket with Jamf and they acknowledged an incompatibility issue with APFS. No ETA on the fix.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

Not sure if related, but there's also this prior discussion of composer not being able to capture when using recovery drives.

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/22871/building-10-12-3-touch-bar-macbook

bishopfox
New Contributor

Just wondering if there is any update on the status of this problem? Im trying to capture an APFS drive and failing miserably with the "No Space left on Device" error. (There is lots of space btw)

pboychev
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

are there any updates? I'm with Composer 10.0 and still have the same issue.

Thanks!

kerouak
Valued Contributor

Use something other than Composer.....

M4chiavelli7
New Contributor

I had this issue with Composer 10.0, but has been resolved for me in Composer 10.2.0.

Hope this is true for others!