Composer failing on .pkg files

mconners
Valued Contributor

I have been fighting composer for a couple of days and what's odd, composer works with .dmg files. I can create .dmg files, but if I choose to create a .pkg file, it fails. Further, if I try and take an existing, working .pkg file into composer and attempt to convert it to source, it fails to convert. I have uninstalled and removed all preference files. I have tried this on a VM, my Mac and another Mac. We have tried three different versions of composer. They are all doing this. This makes me believe an OS update could have borked composer. Anyone else having troubles lately?

5 REPLIES 5

andrew_scherf
New Contributor

Having the same issue here and I've been already frustrated enough trying to deploy AnyConnect with only specific modules, and the OrgInfo.json file for Umbrella. Tried using the ACTransforms.xml file, but Cisco documentation is terrible.

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

What OS and platform (Apple Silicon / Intel) are using with Composer?
Have you verified within System Preferences >> Security & Privacy >> Privacy that Composer has been granted Full Disk Access?

andrew_scherf
New Contributor

It's been on Intel only and happening across Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur. Tried latest versions of Composer and older ones. Full Disk Access has been granted when needed. I just stopped starting with .pkg's and trying to make a source of that, and using the .dmg. No issue since then.

vaksai
New Contributor II

Same issue here, Composer 10.29.2 fails on "Creating Directory Structure" on both Intel and Apple Silicon Big Sur 11.4.

user-jXpFVAbPRc
New Contributor

Same problem here with composer 10.30.3 on Big Sur (Intel based machine).