Computer inventory display

InsigniamLLC
New Contributor

Noticing when I log in to the JSS and try to grab specific info about a managed computer, it does not display specific information. For example, I can click on the computer name, and it displays the general / management / history tabs, and general gives me the computer name and info about the hard disk, etc. But anything below certificates, when I click on it, it just displays a blank window. This happens for all managed computers. It tells me the computer has 3 printers installed, but it does not let me see specifics about any of the printers.

Like I mentioned, this is the case for anything below certificates (certificates, package receipts, software updates, etc)

Is this normal? I looked through all my global, computer, and system settings, and I did not see anything obvious that should be turned on. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or possibly offer some sort of explanation as to why this is occurring?

5 REPLIES 5

thoule
Valued Contributor II
Is this normal?

Missing information is normal? Our standards from JAMF are slightly higher. I would try a different computer/web browser. If it happens elsewhere, then it sounds like a database problem and you should call your TAM.

InsigniamLLC
New Contributor

Tried it on multiple computers using safari, chrome, firefox, etc. Nothing works.

What's a TAM and how do I figure out who mine is to contact them?

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

TAM = Technical Account Manager, basically your JAMF account rep. Look under your profile here on JAMFNation and choose My Assets. If its linked to your company account, it should show a tab called "My Account Team" that will list your account managers name and contact information.

Edit: or you can send in a general support email request to JAMF and it will be routed to the correct person, as long as they know who you are and what organization you're with.

InsigniamLLC
New Contributor

oh, you rock. thanks to both of you for the info / suggestions.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@InsigniamLLC Before you open a support request, I wonder if you could go into JSS > System Settings > JSS User Accounts & Groups, and create a brand new user account. Give it full privileges. Log out of your current account and log into the new one and see if the results are the same. Although I don't really think its privilege related, its worth trying that as a troubleshooting measure.

Also, have you restarted Tomcat since this issue first appeared?