Computer Usage Logs

MO_Rx
New Contributor

Does anyone know, if there is a way to export automatically specific user/s "Computer Usage logs?"

6 REPLIES 6

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

Are you asking about Computers --> Computer Record --> History --> "Computer Usage Logs" that shows the users login and logout of a particular Mac?

MO_Rx
New Contributor

Sorry, should of been more specific. I am using Jamf PRo, and I know I can access individual "Computer Usage Log's" by going into Computers--> Search Computers--> Users Computer--> History--> "Computer user Logs" Is there a better way of doing this in JAMF Pro (Script), for a specific department/group?

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

If you can figure out which table in the Jamf Pro database holds this information (maybe "computerhistory"), you can access the classic API and write a script to pull this information for each entry. It's not obvious to me immediately which table is holding this info. If I were tasked to do this, I'd reach out to my Jamf Customer Support person and ask some exploratory questions about where this login is stored.

MO_Rx
New Contributor

Rgr, @damienbarrett I appreciate all the feed back and your inputs. I reached out to there support before I put this in, I was just curious what the community had to offer. I waiting on a response from them.

Thanks again

hodgesji
Contributor

Hi @MO_Rx - did you ever figure out a way to export the computer usage logs for a computer?

MO_Rx
New Contributor

Yes, thanks :)