conf.jamf.*.plists not present on a new prestige enrollment.

mr_ochie
New Contributor II

First Post!

Started a new MacBook Pro from Prestage Enrollment yesterday morning, looked great at first. 

I pulled up the Applications folder and sorted by Date Modified (newest) so I could keep an eye on the Apps as they popped up. Just Protect popped up. 

The rest never did. Checked the progress in JamfPro (Cloud) and all the apps are in Pending status. Looked again this morning, still pending, 

Checked all the scopes and looks fine. Just for giggles I put together a .pkg, wrote a policy to push it out to that laptop and two others that had used same pre-stage successfully. Those two grabbed the .pkg almost immediately, the other didn't. Those two were scoped identically to the third that failed.

yes - The computer is checked in the pre-stage enrollment in Jamf.

no - it did not inventory much at all except the basics, did not pull in the user info, current apps list, etc, that you would expect to see when a Mac does that first inventory upon enrollment. 

A little bird told me to check if the Jamf LaunchDaemons were in System/LaunchDaemons, and they are not - 

And in System/LaunchAgents, only the Protect .plist is present.

How to remedy this? Wipe and start again? TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mr_ochie
New Contributor II

I did not, that is a helpful suggestion though. 

I ended up starting fresh and at that time, everything fell into place as it should. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

fridomac
New Contributor III

Have you checked the /var/log/jamf.log to see if any error messages came up during the "Downloading Jamf Bundle"-Phase? Or any Network errors?

Bye, Fridolin.

mr_ochie
New Contributor II

I did not, that is a helpful suggestion though. 

I ended up starting fresh and at that time, everything fell into place as it should. 

Thanks!