configuration profile and finder

j99mac
Contributor

I ma looking to beable to manage finder preference as well as Security & privacy with Configuration Profile. I tried uploading a the finder.plist that I had configured and did not seem to set any settings being set.

How is it best to go about setting custom setting when using configuration profile or is there an other way of doing this?

10 REPLIES 10

justinrummel
Contributor III

In theory you are doing it right. Can you copy your plist file that you are trying to upload?

j99mac
Contributor

Yes I can upload to the Configuration Profile. What I am looking to have be set by finder is Show Hard disks on desktop. The plist I am uploading I get form my users Library

justinrummel
Contributor III

Using this plist file ( http://cl.ly/0E2P0m0l2N14 ) I was able to upload as a Configuration Profile. When setting for User Level, it didn't get pushed... however changing it to System I did see the setting in System Preferences => Profiels.

From there logout/login and now they are set, and I cannot change them.

j99mac
Contributor

Thanks I will try this

j99mac
Contributor

Thanks I will try this

j99mac
Contributor

Thanks got this working for finder. I was a plist that had to much info in it. For the security and privacy plist what final is it?

justinrummel
Contributor III

I'm not sure off the top of my head. What I would do to discover is start composer with "New and Modify". Snapshot, change the setting, snapshot and see what files have changed.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@Jade, what are you trying to manage under the security pref pane?

Many of those settings can be managed as a proper profile.

j99mac
Contributor

I am trying to manage the set screen saver time with in the security preference in lion. I am also trying to manage firewall.

j99mac
Contributor