Configuration Profile for WiFi

bmarks
Contributor II

We have created a configuration profile with a Network payload so that, in theory, users will auto-join our WiFi network. We selected PEAP which is what we use, but what do we put under "Username" and "Password?" Are these system variables?

5 REPLIES 5

LovelessinSEA
Contributor II

How are you authenticating with PEAP? Are you using individual user credentials, AD cerfiticate? How do you manually connect the machine to the Wifi now?

bjharper
New Contributor II

A few things I ran into when deploying a 802.1x Wi-Fi config in my environment. Do you have the box checked to 'Use Directory Authentication'? (Assuming the target devices are bound to AD...)
Also, Root and Issuing CA in the Certificate payload? (Plus any proxy certs, if applicable.) Set those certificates to trust in your Network payload.

bmarks
Contributor II

I do not have the "Use Directory Authentication" checkbox selected. Consequently, there are fields visible for username and password that say "required." I assume those fields are not for some master WiFi account, right? Checking that box uses the machine credentials, right?

When logging in manually via the WiFi menu bar item, users just enter their user name and password.

There are no certificates attached to this profile at this time. "Protocols" is selected, as is PEAP in that section.

bjharper
New Contributor II

Here's what I have set up- On the Network payload settings, check the 'Auto Join' box if not already checked. Uncheck 'Use as a Login Window configuration' box
Under protocols, check PEAP and TTLS
Check 'Use Directory Authentication' Inner Authentication set to MSCHAPv2 or whatever's appropriate for your environment.

Salvetay
New Contributor

Are you using full realms on your network to login?