Configuration Profiles Not Being Applied

anderr1
New Contributor II

I sure hope that this is so easy that you all snicker and make fun of how inept I am. Since updating to Jamf Pro 10 on December 7th, configuration profiles are not being applied to existing and newly deployed iMacs. I have confirmed that all necessary ports are still open and that the Jamf server as well the iMacs are communicating with APNs and the commands are shown as pending in the iMac inventories. Per the suggestion of support my Jamf server was opened to communication over port 80. I have flushed all commands and restarted everything. Policies apply just fine. My client machines are 100% distributed.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

bse_college
New Contributor III

I'm getting the same issue, did you have any luck working it out? We have just updated to Pro 10 as well.

anderr1
New Contributor II

We tried a number of things but, what finally got profiles working again was this simple command which we executed via a policy scoped to all computers, set to run once per machine in Files and Processes in the "Execute Command" area (last line).

jamf mdm -userLevelMdm

Before you do this though you will want to clear your policy Q by running a blank computer inventory search and clicking on action in the lower right corner. You will select the last option "Delete Management Commands" and click next. Select the last option "Cancel All Pending and Failed Commands" and click next. This will clear your quench's of what is likely thousands of stalled commands.

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

@anderr1 hi could you post a screenshot of this? We're not on version 10 yet.

anderr1
New Contributor II

@jhbush1973 Screen shots of the policy or clearing the queue?

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

@anderr1 both if you have them.

Try 

https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2020/09/25/clearing-failed-mdm-commands-on-jamf-pro/

for instructions on clearing failed and/or pending commands.