Configuration Profiles not installing

iVoidWarrantiez
New Contributor III

So I have a strange issue where my configuration profiles are not being pushed out to my machines. Mainly my profiles that are the fonts. I removed the framework and reinstalled it to test. This reinstalled most of my profiles but only four of my hundreds of fonts. Also a few of my management profiles such as login window doesn't push ether. No consistency to what fails or why.

I have also ran jamf recon, mcx, and manage, and policy just hoping but no luck. Anybody have this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iVoidWarrantiez
New Contributor III

I can report that upgrading JamfPro to 10.10.1 and re-enrolling my systems did fix the problem. All profiles are deploying successfully.

I did try a few jamf commands to avoid re-enrollment but no luck.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

cpresnall
Contributor

What version of the Jamf are you running? We've seen similar with 10.9 where a profile is created, looks perfectly fine, but something internally is broken and will not allow the profile to be pushed out to any system. Once this is identified, simply recreating the same profile has it pushing out without issue.

iVoidWarrantiez
New Contributor III

I am running Jamf 10.9 and macOS 10.14.3.

cpresnall
Contributor

Same configuration here. We've heard whisperings that this is fixed in 10.10, and have an upgrade planned to go to 10.10.1 soon.
For now, best advice would be to recreate the broken profiles so that you can continue until you're able to update to the latest release.

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

How is the profile scoped? User or System? Any exclusions? Any pending or failed management commands?

iVoidWarrantiez
New Contributor III

Scoped to system, and the profiles were built in a dirty way. One font for one profile. And I have hundreds. I am looking at going to jamf 10.10 as well as a fix attempt. Backing up my jamf server today lol.

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

@jray10 What about the management commands section of a Mac that was supposed to get the profile? Any errors? Does it say that it completed or failed?

iVoidWarrantiez
New Contributor III

Nope, They say successful. My Jamf server was backed up today. I am going to upgrade to 10.10 tomorrow. I will report back if that fixes it or makes things worse.

My Jamf server is a VM running CentOS 7, not running on a MacPro like 90% of Jamf users. Don't think that would matter but it's a thing.

cpresnall
Contributor

CentOS 7 shouldn't have any impact. We're running on-prem with VMs as well and see the same result on about 20% of profiles built in 10.9 so far. Each has resolved when the profile was rebuilt, but it is very time consuming.

iVoidWarrantiez
New Contributor III

I can report that upgrading JamfPro to 10.10.1 and re-enrolling my systems did fix the problem. All profiles are deploying successfully.

I did try a few jamf commands to avoid re-enrollment but no luck.

cpresnall
Contributor

Great news! Our planned upgrade is coming shortly, so I'll plan on needing to process re-enrollments via policy afterwords.

idodd
New Contributor

Can you re-enrol from Jamf portal or you need to go to every single machine?

chrgra
New Contributor III

I have the same problem, it worked before I was upgrading to 10.21.0 :(