Configuration Profiles please help!

lama
New Contributor

my issue..is
1. I created Configuration profile for "Login message" and push it to all the Managed computers so the each computer will see our organization name in their login window. But I did not realized that Local-user only was checked in. Which created issue for user who were logging in as Network log in.

1. Then I decided to remove the scope and deleted the configuration profile.

My question is how can I remove "configuration profile" that I had pushed with the Local-user issue.
If i remove my configuration profile does it remove it from all the computer which were already effect. I am thinking of re enrolling devices if this issue does not resolved. will re enrolling devices will take out the configuration profile. ? Thank you...

2 REPLIES 2

Johnny_Kim
Contributor II

If you remove the devices in the scope, the configuration profile will be removed. When you save, you will get a prompt "redistribution option", select the "distribute to all". Sometimes a reboot is needed.

lama
New Contributor

Thank you
So I guess after I deleted the Configuration Profile from JSS. that may have been good enough. Now I realized that best way to do is... I should have kept the configuration profile and "distribute to all" but I got panic and thought best way to deal with it is delete whole policy.

Thank you