Configure Slack Webhook

ThierryD
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use the Webhook feature from JSS to send incoming alerts to Slack.

So I created a webhook adding all information coming from the Slack App I created for the purpose

8dfd7b7e638843c2bafecb8d1635b54c

8a52bc28401e43698b37f33fd9d3aebf

Everything looks correct for me but I cannot make it work. Does anyone have Slack integration working?

6 REPLIES 6

hrhnick
New Contributor III

I didn't know this was an option,

I just use the slack email integration into our notification channel and a service account set to forward the emails automatically. It has worked without any issues.

ThierryD
New Contributor III

@hrhnick Yes, I have also the email workaround set up but I wanted something more 2020.

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@PayFit

I set this up in January of last year using AWS Lambda to relay the webhook. The Jamf webhook will not relay to Slack without an intermediary step, hence the need for Lambda. I wrote up the process, including the node.js that was needed to make it work.

Using AWS Lambda to Relay Jamf Pro Webhooks to Slack

Between that time and now there were some changes to the Node.js version that AWS supports and I had to make some edits to get it working. Unfortunately I removed all of the Slack pieces and instead moved over to feeding these to our MS Teams environment instead. I should write that up someday...

kmitnick
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

We have a guide that may help you with this. https://hcsonline.com/support/white-papers/how-to-send-jamf-alerts-to-slack

user-AWJkSlimlN
New Contributor

@stevewood Thank you for sharing this! Can you post how you got this to work using Zapier?

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@user-AWJkSlimlN

I honestly do not recall what we did for Zapier, as we had to abandon that pretty quickly due to throttling since we did not have a paid account. We were just testing with Zapier. But if I recall, it was pretty straight forward, just follow the Zapier prompts.