Content Caching Bug

chrijens
New Contributor II

When applying a "Security & Privacy" config profile to a Mac with High Sierra with any combination of settings the Content Caching service is automatically disabled. I can work around this by applying a Restrictions profile and enabling "Allow Content Caching". I notified JAMF support of this, below is a snip from their response. I didn't find any existing discussions regarding this bug so I just wanted to make people aware.

Turns out you were dead on right, this is reported Product Issue on our end (PI-004822) and we at this point we are trying to determine whether this is strictly a Jamf issue or if Apple has role as well. The workaround is also precisely what you indicated, adding a Restrictions payload and Allowing Content Caching. I have attached this case to the PI and the place to look for a future resolution would be via the Release Notes of the next JSS version
4 REPLIES 4

acaveny
New Contributor III

OMG!! I've been searching for why this is all morning. Googling "Content caching service not listed" shows me nothing. I tried manually enabling via Terminal, and got an error stating "disabled by your system administrator". I went to lunch and started thinking "I wonder if JAMF Pro is blocking...."

One quick google search with "JAMF Pro" listed, and this was the first hit.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

RJ52
New Contributor II

OMG THANK YOU!!

I've been scratching my head about this for a while.

jkoenig_BDS
New Contributor

Thank you, thank you! New to Jamf and was wondering what was going on with this.

Is it typical for a bug to be reported and still not fixed almost 7 months later?

So far, my foray into Jamf Pro has been bumpy, at best. Lots of things seem to just not work as advertised. Hopefully that's not a recurring theme...

Just_Jack
Contributor

Seeing this bug still in Ventura.