Could not connect to the HTTP server to download PKG

billystanton
New Contributor II

Hi,

We have just setup a new JSS on Win 2012 R2 and a separate VM which will be our distribution point.

I have setup an SMB share and purchased an SSL cert via Global Sign, I can access and download the packages via the web. I can do this inside the network, or outside the network. I get prompted for credentials when visiting the share.

When letting the JSS do its thing and run packages at check in, the policies fail and I get the following error;

" Error: Could not connect to the HTTP server to download Air Defense.pkg."

If I manually run via terminal (sudo jam policy) I get the following error;

" 2016-09-27 07:57:35.398 jamf[1154:8184] NSURLSession/NSURLConnection HTTP load failed (kCFStreamErrorDomainSSL, -9843) "

I checked under he JSS settings, under the File Share Dist point option... which IP address do I put in? The internal address of the VM or the external address? If I put the external address, the policies do not fail and all seems to work, but then I cannot use Casper Imaging as it tries to connect to "smb://externaladdress" which obviously doesn't work.

I am at a bit of a loss here on what to check as there doesn't seem to be much documentation on this.

We are running JSS version 9.96

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

It looks like it might be SSL related. Just as a test, does it work it you use http rather than https?

billystanton
New Contributor II

It does work when we use HTTP with port 80....

Could it be related to the certificate or maybe some settings?

billystanton
New Contributor II

So I have reissued the certificate with Global Sign and re uploaded the cert but to no avail. Still the same error :(

billystanton
New Contributor II

Anybody ?

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@billystanton So Safari can download items fine.. but jamfbinary cannot? (To test, copy & past the URL in the failure log into Safari).

billystanton
New Contributor II

@bentoms

Correct, Safari works without any problems

I checked the JAMF logs and sometimes it throws up the error 'network interrupted' which I think may be a generic error as it's not being interrupted!

Thanks!