Creating a ForcePoint installation package for Self Service hosting

colonelclank
New Contributor II

Hello group,

I'm attempting to create a custom ForcePoint ( WebsenseEndpoint ) installer for hosting on Self Service and automated deployment via policy. At present installing ForcePoint is a manual and tedious process that involves installing two separate packages with administrative privileges. These two packages require launching and installation to be done from within the directory that contains the required " ca.cer " , " DLPClientConfig.hsw " and " localConfig.xml " files ( listed below ) .... I've used ForcePoints " WebsenseEndpointPackageBuilder.exe " package builder application on Windows which creates the folder contents listed below, great but still requires manual installation ...

Does anyone have any insight or had luck creating a custom package in composer ? I've tried multiple times with little to no luck...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ForcePoint direcoty contents -

1) ca.cer
2) DLPClientConfig.hsw
3) localConfig.xml
4) WebsenseEndpoint.pkg
5) WebsenseEPClassifier.pkg

Cheers,
ColonelClank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

merps
Contributor III

Maybe your issue is the single quotes in the first 2 lines of your script? Also, does ls -lah /private/tmp show the files, or do you need to uses /tmp?

We're deploying the files to /private/tmp/EndpointInstaller with Composer.

cf0471bebc1f4ce0ac7888fc15512b76

Postinstall script is this:

#!/bin/sh

/usr/sbin/installer -pkg /tmp/EndpointInstaller/WebsenseEndpoint.pkg -target /

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

colonelclank
New Contributor II

Just wanted to add that following note, that ForcePoints instructions are not working -

https://support.forcepoint.com/KBArticle?id=000016604

My Composer post install code ,

'#!/bin/sh'
'## postinstall'
sudo /usr/sbin/installer -pkg /private/tmp/ForcePoint_20.02/EndpointInstaller/WebsenseEndpoint.pkg -target /

merps
Contributor III

Maybe your issue is the single quotes in the first 2 lines of your script? Also, does ls -lah /private/tmp show the files, or do you need to uses /tmp?

We're deploying the files to /private/tmp/EndpointInstaller with Composer.

cf0471bebc1f4ce0ac7888fc15512b76

Postinstall script is this:

#!/bin/sh

/usr/sbin/installer -pkg /tmp/EndpointInstaller/WebsenseEndpoint.pkg -target /

hdagidir
New Contributor III

Hello , how can i deploy file with comprosser i couldnt find it actually. 

cyberkit
New Contributor

merps,
thanks it's working for me 

colonelclank
New Contributor II

took your advice and changed paths - 'appears' to be working now.... Thank you :)

Mark_Lamont
New Contributor II

@merps @colonelclank have you managed to get this working on Big Sur? I'm trying to get it working for a client and get several system certificates popups that need admin to approve which is no use in this organisation as they aren't admins. I have 20.12 as the client version.

6c32374156374a7a99980d07717a9841

I have the same problem was this problem resolved for you ?