Creating Photoshop Color Settings as a pushable package?

cpizanias
Contributor

Ideally I'd like to be able to push a package that will set color settings such as CMYK profiles and RGB settings as well as color management settings. Is my best bet to do this to use composer and then having that package fill user templates or should I be looking into scripting this? I'm not the best when it comes to scripting.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

al_platt
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm sure i used to do this years ago for using Composer. But if you can find what .plist to amend then you should be able to script it.

If you can piece together a script then that would be a better way to go about it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

al_platt
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm sure i used to do this years ago for using Composer. But if you can find what .plist to amend then you should be able to script it.

If you can piece together a script then that would be a better way to go about it.

djdavetrouble
Contributor III

We use a .csf file, distributed to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Settings/Recommended

cpizanias
Contributor

@djdavetrouble Thanks!

Frosty
New Contributor II

Hi don't suppose you managed to get Bridge to sync via a script at all? As copying the colour.csf to the either of the libraries (/Library or /Users/Library) isn't a problem but trying to get it to sync via a preference script I'm struggling with.

Thanks

prodic
New Contributor III

@Frosty You will find it nearly impossible to script or activate that .csf-file via Bridge. According to Adobe it is not possible to do it in a consistant manor, so we're trying to educate our end-users to check it manually. That is an uphill battle for sure.
We have found a possible solution but it is not consistant enough as it does not work for CC2017, but should work for later releases.

JonLonghurst
New Contributor

In addition to the files in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Settings & /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles, I package up the following file ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color/ACEConfigCache2.lst as well in a DMG with FUT & FEU set to push it to all users.

Doesn't always work if pushed as part of an imaging configuration, but seems to work fine as a policy or if pushed by Casper Remote - sets the Colour Settings for all relevant Adobe CC Applications.

Frosty
New Contributor II

Thanks for your help.. I ended up creating a package with Packages and it works. The only snag is the user has to open bridge first before the installation.. so I'm going to create a kind of work around for this.. but it works kind of.. Thanks Prodic and JonLonghurst