Creative Cloud 2017 Installation Failure: Error Code =112

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone,

Starting thread in case others have come across this.

I wanted to just report a strange issue I came across, which began around Feb 21st 2017.

Installation of Creative Cloud 2017 began to start failing during imaging, deployment or manual installation as of the above date. Error code 112 in the logs.

The installer itself hasn't changed and the imaging process also hasn't changed. I couldn't pinpoint what the cause was so I recreated the installer packages using the Creative Cloud Packager this morning. Since doing so, the installer still fails. I'm creating a test system with a base empty install image of sierra to test this out.

I found the whole ordeal very strange. I considered licensing issues. I considered data corruption.

I'm not convinced of either right now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Adobe's installer cert for Acrobat has expired yesterday.

If you have one mega-package that includes Acrobat DC or XI, this could explain why it's now failing. Rebuild as individual app installers.

Could also try changing the date back a couple of days and see if the installers work/run successfully... just don't forget to disable NTP (Set date/time automatically).

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Adobe's installer cert for Acrobat has expired yesterday.

If you have one mega-package that includes Acrobat DC or XI, this could explain why it's now failing. Rebuild as individual app installers.

Could also try changing the date back a couple of days and see if the installers work/run successfully... just don't forget to disable NTP (Set date/time automatically).

AlanSmith
Contributor

Oh my, oh my, oh my!

I have been having the exact same issue, although I'm not sure where that error code would be?

Have been imaging our labs for the past couple of weeks - all going fine! Had about 7 computers to finish off in classrooms with just 1-2 computers this week. Suddenly Adobe CC was not being installed - except Adobe CC Desktop app.

Have tried all the variations including manual installs and still no joy! If that certificate is the cause, I will be ropable! Although Adobe aren't the first multi-national company to allow a certificate to expire!

Anyway, wanted to add a 'me too' and will post back any progress I make in trying to resolve! (Am about to try the date change)

EDIT 1: (Update) Changing the date back to Feb 19 - has allowed me to do a manual install! √

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Also Scout and Lightroom 5, so far.

AlanSmith
Contributor

Is that the installer certificate expired on those apps Robert?

jkaigler
Contributor II

First time I have heard of an installer cert. How can I check the cert properties?

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

(removed...@kagibson is aware of the issue)

--
https://donmontalvo.com

foigus
New Contributor III

Not a Jamf user, but thought I'd poke my head in here to see if anyone had hit this. Hopefully this blog post will be helpful: Adobe Package Expiration.

I also can personally vouch that Karl Gibson is aware of the issue.

PAC
Contributor

I'm getting the issue where the apps flashes up in the dock and then goes away with either an error or just disappears.
Is this the same issue you're having?

mconners
Valued Contributor

I have re-packaged the Adobe CC 2017 applications with CCP this morning with today's date. I cannot get them to install as of this morning. Could these still be hosed due to this issue?

The experience I am having is when trying to install via policy or using casper remote, the mounting of the file distribution point simply fails to mount. Using and installing just about any other program works fine. I am suspecting this is related but I don't know how.

Anyone else seeing the CC 2017 package failing when attempting to mount the distribution point? Just confused if this is still an issue.

rqomsiya
Contributor III

@mconners Do you have any logs you can provide?

mconners
Valued Contributor

Thanks @rqomsiya I finally have this installing. Turns out, there is a known issue still with Adobe and the work around mentioned here worked. I tried using casper remote to this one test Mac and although it installed and everything seems to work, the actual install log file showed it failed. I have the correct versions of the JSS, Casper remote and binary installed on the client.

Working with JAMF Support to determine why the failure showed up. The log file says it installed successfully.

The short of it is to not have Adobe Scout as part of the CCP bundle of apps being built.

stevevalle
Contributor III

We opened a case with Adobe for this one.

I was advised that Scout, Lightroom and Acrobat DC cause the installation to fail.

I was also advised that there will be updates coming in the second week of March to resolve this issue.

We removed the above three apps from our full installer!

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

FYI, all the apps have been fixed except for Scout. Don't include scout in your package.. I'm not sure what scout is used for anyway. I'm fairly sure no one at my company uses it.

mblair
New Contributor III

I had this issue up till Friday 10, March. I created a new package today 03/15/2017 and it worked. The packages that I made before Friday 03/10/2017 still do not work. So your best bet is to recreate a package.