Criteria Logic - Can't use OR outside but inbetween brackets.

danaig-apait
New Contributor II

dace4ef339f548cfaae933ee21a980eb

Hey, new Casper User here :)
And already got a question.

As you can see on the picture i can't select the OR operator because it gets greyed out as soon as i set the bracket after it.
Am i doing something wrong here? Or is this suspected behaviour?

Doesn't make sense to me that i can't OR multiple bracket logic blocks together...

Sure i can make 20 Smart groups with my AND logic an then another smart group where i OR the 20 Smartgroups together but.... really?!
Why not make this with one logic?

4 REPLIES 4

millersc
Valued Contributor

5c34a0f6382b46158b62f2b167c98228

As you can see in the screen shot, it's the Criteria that stopping you. ( ) the same criteria then OR operator and a second ( ) criteria. I'm running about 100 smart groups like this, not just for my schools but with software too.

danaig-apait
New Contributor II

you also have the same problem like i posted a greyed out AND between the two bracket blocks that you can't change to an OR :)

millersc
Valued Contributor

Correct. The the logic isn't sound, but I've found lots of things not sound in the JSS enviro. So you have to think through how your smart groups will be. Some trial and error even. But I've found while I'm thinking of the groups, my OR operator is for "this version" OR "that version", could also be "this version" OR "like that version". It takes some. Look for a Feature Request. See if someone else has requested that be changed. Link it back here so others can vote it up :-)

danaig-apait
New Contributor II

Workaround is fine - 2 smart groups ORed together in a thrid smart group. Works... So now i even more don't get it why it's not possible in the first place ^^ __ Another thing that comes to my mind, maybe i don't need brackets because AND over OR? and thats why i can't change these field.... But i tried it without brackets with AND over OR logic and it's not working so i asume ther is no AND over OR in Casper Criteria :(