Crowdstrike Issue after upgrading to Big Sur

daniel_ross
Contributor III

So after upgrading to Big Sur on some test user machines were noticing that the CrowdStrike system extension is asking users to approve it even though it was already present prior to going to Big Sur. Has anyone else seen similar issues with this? We have an ongoing ticket with CrowdStirke on some other issues but this is the first time were seeing this as we just started testing Big Sur out due to some required apps that didn't work in yet with that OS.

5 REPLIES 5

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

this might help....
https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/37488/crowdstrike-configuration-profile-bigsur#responseChild216715

short answer the machine are most likely enable .. you can check with

systemextensionsctl list

daniel_ross
Contributor III

@gachowski going to check this out. CrowdStrike support thinks because we have "Allow users to approve system extensions" is what's causing our issues. Sadly we don't want to take a chance and make this change until we know the consequences as were halfway through deployment on machines internally.

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

@daniel_ross

CS support said that pop up is expected behavior..... and the profile that CS provides has that setting enabled and the directions from the CS support page say to enable that setting. Sorry I am no help... I have only been able to get it workin as is should In Catalina.. .I have tested profiles both with it enable and not enables and with it enabled you get pop up to allow the network filters if it's not enabled then the filters don't get enable. : )

bilal_habib
New Contributor III

If you deployed the SysEXT to machines on Mojave then that is your issue. Re deploy the profile with a new UUID.

also if you use their signed profile then ignore what they say wrt to "Allow users to approve system extensions". I'm not sure why they actually published that video

rshim
New Contributor II

Bilal, do you have more info on what you're mentioning here?