Crowdstrike - Permission Denied

R3NM
New Contributor

We are looking at testing CrowdStrike for mobile, we currently use Cisco Security (DNS Security & Endpoint Visibility)

I have created a new CS profile and when I first scoped it to one of my test devices I get Permission denied,  I can only get this to successfully install after I remove Cisco Security,  any suggestions on why both config's wont work on a single device, 2024-08-06_09-20-20.jpg

appreciate it

5 REPLIES 5

mschlosser
Contributor II

I too am getting ready to install products similar to these for better endpoint visibility in the coming months; it makes sense to me that the you wouldn't want too and it is a bad idea© as they say to install two of these kinds of products at once. Wouldn't surprise me if the cisco product, sees crowdstrike and kills it. One at a time, I'd think.

Hey, sorry for the delay but this was exactly the issue, once I got our security team to watch the logs as we implemented on a test device he was able to see Cisco kill the install process from CS.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

I'm guessing they both hook into a system extension that does not allow for multiple configurations. Can you provide the configuration profiles you are deploying?

HannahGomez
New Contributor

Any update?

R3NM
New Contributor

Hello All,  So after some more testing and working with my security team , we were told to no longer test CrowdStrike and will continue with our Cisco AMP and Umbrella product.