Custom Patch Policy Definition reporting incorrectly

jmcconathy
New Contributor III

We have some custom patch definitions defined in Title Editor, and this is my first time using it.  Our Mac admin, who recently left, had setup this definition, but it only had the one version. 

I went in and added a newer version, 2.12.02.1796.  After a few minutes our local (on-prem) Jamf Pro instance shows the new version listed.  But now, the Patch Report identifies all computers as being on the new version.

If I open the inventory for any of these computers in JAMF Pro, and check its Applications list, the software version is 2.11.02.1765, as expected.

How is Patch Management reporting all as 2.12.02.1796 ?

If I create a Smart Group to look for 2.12.02.1796 then it accurately shows only the 1 machine i have actually installed the new version on.

 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jmcconathy
New Contributor III

Looking at this again, I figured out that the rules for the version were not fully configured by the person who set them up originally as I had been led to believe. thus PM was working correctly just with incomplete rules.

I was seeing the Title Editor interface for the first time, and i wouldnt call it the most intuitive, so i just missed it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jmcconathy
New Contributor III

Looking at this again, I figured out that the rules for the version were not fully configured by the person who set them up originally as I had been led to believe. thus PM was working correctly just with incomplete rules.

I was seeing the Title Editor interface for the first time, and i wouldnt call it the most intuitive, so i just missed it.

View solution in original post