Dealing with duplicate users?

bbelew
Contributor

Between a couple different imports from apple school manager and our LDAP directory I have twice the users I should have. Is there a way to merge duplicates together into a single record that I am missing?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

DwayneSJ24
New Contributor II

Did anyone every find an answer to this?

I have a similar thing where Jamf has duplicated the users from an Apple School Manager sync, instead of matching them.

jbisgett
Contributor II

I had this same issue. You can go to Users, search for all Users, and click Delete. Jamf will only delete users that do not have a device assigned and are not in a class.

That being said, you will need to delete your classes in Jamf to delete the duplicate users, since those duplicate users have a roster record attached. This thread has both a script and a Powershell that can be used to mass delete classes from Jamf using the API, since there isn't a mass delete option in Jamf.

DwayneSJ24
New Contributor II

Thanks for the quick reply, jbisgett.

I had this same issue. You can go to Users, search for all Users, and click Delete. Jamf will only delete users that do not have a device assigned and are not in a class.

Yeah, that's the issue unfortunately. The orignial, correct, accounts have the iPad assigned to them still. The duplicated accounts, with the '-1' in the username, are the ones that are now in the class roster. Meaning I can't delete either as they have a device or class associated with them.

We don't managed the Classes so deleting them isn't an option unfortunately. Short of reassigning all of the devices to the new duplicate account, I'm unsure what options I have.