Delete not removable webclip, webclip configuration deleted

jonros
Contributor

I've got a webclip on 84 devices that are set as not removable. Unfortunately, the configuration for the webclip was deleted which did not affect the devices. The webclip is still on, still as unremovable put we want to remove it from the devices. Does anyone know a way to do it?

I've added the configuration for the webclip again but this time as removable in the hope that it will be changed to removable on the devices which does not seem to affect them.

Any ideas, script or anything?

9 REPLIES 9

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

The only way I've ever been able to remove these is to put the iPad in the exclusion list for the configuration profile. It will (almost) instantly remove the webclip. I can't imagine the odds of it working with a deleted configuration profile are great, but you could try.

What about wiping the iPad and reinstalling iOS and profile?

Thanks for your feedback.

hottingert
New Contributor II

I am encountering the same issue. I have a set of webclips from a configuration profile that has stuck around. In fact there are two sets of webclips. I deleted the config profile and they hang around. I have readded the config file but that just adds another set. When I remove the config profile, only one set of webclips disappears. I have tried just about everything short of wiping the device. Just wanted to let you know misery loves company.
84ccb5a8b2ca48fc85ffa767ca29e3ca

7cb368d5f3484bef94c33604f60e8a3f

bcourtade
New Contributor III

I have a webclip perma-stuck on my phone because I downloaded a webclip profile from JAMF and installed it on my phone. Non-deletable even though my phone has never been managed by JAMF or supervised.

alimbert
New Contributor II

Any update on this issue? I'm stuck with ten copies of the same webclips on iPads. Can't remove. Only way out may be wiping the iPads. 

ealitrc
New Contributor II

I have a similar problem, but the webclips are end-user generated via Safari Add-to-HomeScreen option. We can control the iPads' layout through jamf but not webclips generated by single students. Do you know any workaround?

yonith
New Contributor II

Any update?  Same issue with user created webclips.

hottingert
New Contributor II

Hello there,

The only way that I could find to delete them was to wipe the device and start over.  Probably not the answer you are looking for but it was the only way for me to get around the issue.

Tom

yonith
New Contributor II

Turned out for me I also had to delete the configuration profile Restrictions > Apps > Removing apps.  This along with the screen layout profile.  Hope this is helpful to people.