Delete or Disable Safari Password Storage

Over9000
New Contributor III

Does anyone currently do this or know of a way to disable Safari from storing passwords? I know you can disable Autofill but that doesn't eliminate what is already stored prior to disabling it. I am aware they are stored in keychain as web form passwords but i don't see any sort of terminal command to eliminate it like "security find-internet-password -D "google.com"

5 REPLIES 5

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

I'm able to see in the preference manifest for Safari that there seems to be a key that controls that. Maybe try using custom payloads based on one of these.

0459d5977a2c43f69942d5ea31a1855e

Over9000
New Contributor III

It looks like that disables AutoFill but it doesn't seem to delete the stored passwords that already exist but i'll give it another try!

CD_Tech
New Contributor

So, with Autofill disabled via a profile, Safari still suggests passwords and still stores them. It won't 'fill' this info, but I don't want password suggestions or Safari to store any passwords.. Any suggestions?

zimou13
New Contributor

Reset after the settings change: hold down the home button along with the power button until you see the Apple, then let go for : ShowBox Lucky Patcher Kodi too.

CD_Tech
New Contributor

@zimou13 is this in reply to my question? I'm not sure how this is relevant to password store in Safari? Also.. whats a 'home' button?